Finding them a perfect pair of shoes that fit right, can sometimes feel like a Cinderella story. Some don’t fit their little feet properly, some are too hard to get on and some just don’t support foot development. And then others - well they are more the ugly sisters of the shoe world. Thankfully, we’ve found a company that solves all these problems. Introducing Bobux, a New Zealand shoe brand. Here’s 10 reasons why we love the range of spring/summer 2018 shoes and why they're a perfect fit for little feet.
1. They share the same ethos as us
They are by parents for parents and kids. Yep, this brand was coined when founders Chris and Colleen Bennett were looking for a perfect pair of shoes for their newly walking daughter and found there weren’t any that were good for babe’s foot development. So Chris took to his garage and the rest, as they say, is history…
2. They invented soft soles!
Yep, those shoes with the thin layer of suede as the sole that allow for lots of foot movement for little cruisers and first walkers? Bobux started the trend in 1991. They were the first pair to come out of Chris’ garage!
3. There’s three stages of shoes designed to support little feet
Whether they’re cruising, toddling or running and jumping, there's shoes for all.
- The Bobux Step Up range has been designed for kids who have grown out of soft soles and are cruising and mastering those very first little steps. These shoes have been made to fit children from as young as 9 months to 2 years depending on their development.
- Bobux l-Walks have been specifically designed for when your kid moves from the baby to toddler stage and is walking confidently. This range of shoes support the changes that happen in the shape of the foot at this stage to help healthy foot development.
- Bobux’s KID+ range is for confident little walkers who have mastered those toddles and are ready to run, jump, skip and everything in between.
4. They know their stuff
That’s right, this brand doesn’t just make pretty shoes. It works with foot health experts to make sure shoes are always supporting little feet. Bobux has also formed partnerships with respected universities to learn more about of foot health too!
5. They design shoes across all stages
Little cruiser love their Bobux boots or trainers, which work perfectly for their little feet? It’s great news. Bobux makes the same styles in step-ups, I-Walks and KID+ and each one has technology that supports each stage of their foot development. Grab new colours, pass them down to siblings or, just simply store them away as mementos of their first, second and third pair of shoes…
6. These are shoes with style
Whether you love the classic look, cool trainer or ballet pump, Bobux do a style for everyone. Pst, we love this season’s metallics too.
7. They only use quality fabrics
Whether it’s leather for breathability, Merrino inners to keep moisture and foot odour at bay, or polyester for flex and to withstand wear and tear, this brand has it all covered.
8. They make life easier for parents
From wide opening and adjustable velcro fastenings and pull on tabs, these shoes are great for little ones to put on themselves. Great for them to learn independence and make them feel like a ‘grown up’ and one less job for you. They also have padded heels meaning no sore feet. Bonus!
9. They fit on real kids
Like us here at KIDLY who use real babies to size our clothes, Bobux use use foot casts and real kids to make sure their shoes are right for little feet. This is different from some other brands who measure down from adult sizes when they make their footwear.
10. They have sole
Yes, spelling mistake intended. We love how Bobux’s soles grow with each stage of your little one, from Step up soles that offer the flex and support for growing feet, to tougher, non slip ones as they grow. Oh, and some ranges this season have glitter soles too… yep, glitter… wow.
Our IDEAS articles are based on our own experiences as parents & a need to find gorgeous, genuinely useful stuff for baby. That’s why you’ll always find our fave picks below our tips. Yes, we’re good to you ;)